The First and Only Sleep-Away Camp of its Kind on the West Coast. The camp is ideal for fencers ages 10+ who have at least 1 year of fencing experience. We will focus on intermediate and advance saber training led by world-class coaches from top fencing clubs. Our fencers include World team members, NCAA college athletes, and today’s best youth fencers. Top-ranked fencers will also be on staff to assist. Competitive fencers from all the clubs are welcome to join for the first saber sleep away camp in Southern California.
Cate school is conveniently located in the city of Carpinteria, 15 minutes away from Santa Barbara, on a beautiful campus near the ocean and mountains. The school has accessible gymnasiums, two swimming pools, athletic fields, activities centers, semi-private suites, and common living areas.
Ed Korfanty, former USA Fencing National Coach. His impressive resume is unmatched in the history of fencing in the world. Coach of Mariel Zagunis, double Olympic Champion.
Nick Kovalev, World Champion and Olympic medalist
Please, use the link below to see the campus of Cate School:
Siblings get a 20% discount
We accept all major credit cards, checks or cash
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com in order to be registered and for more information about this camp. We will answer all your questions and provide you with all documents you need.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
* please check back often, as we are updating this information as we receive more questions.
- Q: Are all rooms single rooms?
- A: Yes, all rooms are singles. If you prefer to bunk with a sibling/friend, bunk beds are available. There is no price difference between single and double occupancy.
- Q: Do the rooms have bathrooms?
- A: No, there are two large bathroom/shower areas, one for girls, and one for boys.
- Q: What is the ratio of boarding staff to boarding students?
- A: 8:1 for boarding students age 14 and younger, and 10:1 for boarding students over the age of 14.
- Q: What are the check in and check out times?
- A: Check in is on July 30 at 8:00 am (or later). Check out is August 6 at 12:30 pm (or earlier).
- Q: What is the estimated number of fencers participating?
- A: We expect between 40 and 60 fencers. The dorm has 40 rooms, but some fencers will want to bunk with others.
- Q: Do campers need to provide their own bedding?
- A: Yes, campers need to provide their own bed linens (Twin XL), pillows, blankets, towels. Linens can be rented from Cate school at $50 per set per session.
- Q: Is transportation to and from the camp side available?
- A: Yes, transportation to and from the camp (from the club or from LAX) will be available for an additional cost.
- Q: Can you prorate the cost?
- A: We encourage everyone to attend the camp in full. We will not be able to prorate for late arrival or early departure.
- Q: Will private lessons be available?
- A: Yes, a limited number of private lessons will be available outside normal practice times. Please contact us for details.