These are the standard customer information and waiver forms which we require for all new students:
USA Fencing Association Individual Membership
Every new LJFA fencer must sign up for United States Fencing Association (USFA) membership in order to insure the safety of all our fencers, coaches, and staff. We recommend every new fencer to sign up for the USFA non-competitive membership, which costs $10 a year.
For fencers who compete at competitions they must sign up for the USFA competitive membership, which costs $70 a month. Please follow the link to USA Fencing Membership page, it will take about five minutes to register.
- Class package fees are billed monthly. The price for each month is the same regardless of the number of class days. We only pro-rate class package fees if you are missing two weeks plus in a row. In order to be prorated WCFA must be notified by email few days before the end of previous month to make a pro-ration for the upcoming month.
- Pre-payment and registration for all class packages is required. Payment for each month of class packages must be received at the beginning of each month before the first class is taken. The tuition of students not starting at the beginning of the month will be prorated for that month.
- West Coast Fencing Academy must receive a written notification of any changes in enrollment or payment choices at least one week before the billing date. This can be done by email or by handing the letter off in person at the academy.
- If you are taking classes or lessons at the West Coast Fencing Academy, you must leave a Credit Card on file. You are responsible for updating the West Coast Fencing Academy office with the most up to date credit card information in order to continue taking classes at the center.
- If class packages have not been pre-paid by you online, you hereby authorize West Coast Fencing Academy to charge your credit card on file. If there is no credit card on file, there will be a 10% late fee for each overdue class.
Private Lessons and Drop-In Classes
- Pre-payment and online registration for all private lessons and drop-in classes is required.
- If you are unable to attend a private lesson, you must cancel the private lesson 24 hours prior to scheduled time. If a private lesson is not canceled 24 hours prior to the scheduled time, you will be charged for the full lesson. Private lessons may be made up in case of an emergency only at the discretion of coach.
- You may view your private lesson schedule online and you should cancel all of your private lessons and drop-in classes using your online account.
- You are responsible for checking your online account to see when your private lessons are scheduled and who your instructor will be.
- If your regular instructor is unable to give you a private lesson, you will be automatically rescheduled with another instructor. You will be notified by email if such an instance occurs. If you do not wish to take a private lesson with another instructor, you have 24hrs prior to your appointment time to cancel your private lesson.
- If you are scheduling a private lesson, you are taking full responsibility for payments. You must cancel all private lessons at least 24 hours in advance in order to not be charged for the lesson.
- You are fully responsible for payments of all scheduled private lessons, drop-in classes and class packages and authorize West Coast Fencing Academy to use your credit card on file to pay for them if they are not prepaid in advance.
- You have an online account here at West Coast Fencing Academy and have access to cancel your private lessons online yourself. If you are unable to do so, you may speak to someone in the office at least 24hrs prior to the appointment time for the cancellation to be accepted.
- West Coast Fencing Academy will be closed on major holidays: July 4th, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas, New Years Eve/Day. All other closures will be posted well in advance. Holiday schedule is subject to change.